In the unfortunate event of death, your family should not
have to worry about the money for the funeral; that's why
our Bokamoso Funeral Plan is easy to understand and
- Pays up to M152,000.00
- Pay from as little as M37.00 per month
- Get cash back on insurance premium every five years
- M12,000.00 family care benefit for those that are left behind
- Accidental Death Benefit: in case of an accidental death, the selected cover will double
- Get cover up to the age of 85
What you get
More than just a funeral cover
Cash back benefit
Cash bonus of 6 months' premium payable to the policyholder every five years if the policy is still in force.
A grocery benefit of M12,000 payable on the death of the main life insured.
If you or any of your nominated family members die, we will pay the sum insured as a lump sum.
With Bokamoso switch you can switch without any waiting period.
How to claim
Notify us as soon as possible
To make a claim, your nominated beneficiary or legal personal representative can contact us and we will send a claim pack that needs to be completed and returned to us.
The following information will be required:
- Claim form completed by the main member or nominated beneficiary
- Original Death Certificate
- Original Mortuary Certificate
- Original Medical Certificate of the cause of death (if deceased died in hospital)
- Accidental Report form
- Main member's original proof of identity (identity document, passport or birth certificate)
- Beneficiary's original proof of identity (identity document, passport or birth certificate)
What you need to know
Understanding the fine print
- Bokamoso Funeral Plan is a voluntary plan offered to First National Bank of Lesotho Limited accountholders.
- Cover continues as long as regular monthly premiums are paid or until an earlier claim takes the policy out of force.
- The premium rate is based on your selected benefit. Premiums are reviewable annually.
- If we cancel your policy due to non-payment of premiums, you can apply for reinstatement within 12 months of the policy's cancellation date.
- Your premiums are payable to the financial institution account via a debit or standing order.
- Policyholders have up to 30 days from the date of each premium due date in which to pay their premium.
Getting it made easy
Bokamoso Funeral Plan
- Must have an FNB account
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid ID
How to get it
Find a branch
Please visit your nearest branch, or call +266 2224 1000 for more information, or to take out the policy.
First National Bank of Lesotho Limited - A Subsidiary of FirstRand EMA Holdings Limited and a
member of the FirstRand group of Companies. An authorised Financial Services Provider. Reg No: 2008/729.